Building a Brand Online
One of the most important tasks facing a new business is securing a solid online brand. Providing a great product or service is useless if people don’t know who you are. Establishing a strong brand early on is a key asset for any business venture.
So, how can you achieve this? Here are ten tips:
1. Research your brand name! It only takes a quick search online to discover existing companies with the same name or potential unfortunate connotations to your chosen name, and it’ll save you money and time to get this done early on.
2. Have a great logo. Your logo is the face of your business, and as such should be the foundation of your branding efforts. A good logo can convey your company values in an instant, so invest in the best. Once you have a logo that works for you, plaster it everywhere, from your brand’s website to its social media pages.
3. Get the right domain name. It’s important that your domain name is the same as your brand, or very close to it, to avoid customer confusion. Consistency is a key building block in establishing a legible online brand.
4. Put effort into maintaining attractive digital spaces. Visitors care about appearance and ease-of-use, so ensure any web pages are pleasant to read and easy to navigate. It only takes around 50 milliseconds for someone to form a first impression online. Attractive, clear pages use this to your advantage.
5. Define a consistent message, whatever the platform. Your brand should be recognisable wherever someone sees it, and the best way to achieve this is to not mix messages.
6. Establish your expertise. If you’re a newcomer, the best way to introduce yourself to new customers without scaring them off is to engage. Contribute to your community and carve out a niche. You’ll build a reputation for being trustworthy if you can focus on being genuinely helpful.
7. Use social media. Social media is one of the most powerful tools available to businesses in the modern area. Set up brand pages on any social media site your target audience is likely to use, and keep them active. Use fun and unique hashtags to quickly and easily build brand recognition.
8. Maintain a blog. Blogging is a unique way to build your brand online. The nature of blog posts allows you to demonstrate your expertise while keeping precisely to your brand’s key messages.
9. Use reviews to your advantage. Publish them on your website, promote them on social media, quote them at every opportunity. You’ll stand out from your competitors if you build a reputation for being a customer-focused, communicative company, and the more people engage online, the more you build buzz.
10. Create a newsletter. A monthly newsletter is a simple way to build a network. Provide your subscribers with content they enjoy, and they’ll share that content with their friends. The more your content is shared, the more your brand grows.
What are the Biggest Brands Online?
Ecommerce is now big business with many companies now selling more brands online than in their high street stores. Below we share with you the biggest online brands in 2017.
It is no surprise that Amazon is one of the biggest online brands in the world. Nowadays, everyone navigates towards Amazon to buy books, electronics and even their groceries. It really is the one stop shop with excellent customer service (you really can’t fault it) and some of the cheapest prices to be found online.
Long gone are the days when Avon was a door to door service with the Avon rep delivering the goods to your door. Today Avon is an incredibly popular online brand. Representatives now approach clients to fill in their own details online, and to place their own orders.
Barnes & Noble
Barns & Noble are one of the longest standing and most repeutable bookstores in the world. In order to compete with Amazon, they have of course had to embrace the ecommerce market, but in doing so they have bumped their sales and are as popular as ever.
Apple has to be on our biggest online brands list, with the iPhone and iPad still outselling their rivals. They offer a highly visual and easy to navigate website, and with their constant product updates, and reliability, it looks like they are destined to stay at the top of their game.
The Disney online store experience is very similar to that of shopping on the high street, and is one of the reasons why they remain to be so popular. All of their brands can be accessed via their estore, including toys, costumes and entertainment.
Estee Lauder remain as glamourous today as when they first stared out. Their easy to navigate website allows customers to search for their much loved products, as well as finding those products that have been discontinued. All of their top brands can be found online and the experience is an easy and enjoyable one for their loyal fans.
Victoria’s Secret has been a well established and popular brand for years, but it was only a few years back that they finally embraced the online world. The main reason being that shoppers would rather browse online, than in their shops, for obvious reasons. Today they are the world’s leading luxury underwear brand.
Budweiser have been brewing their own unique beer for the past 160 years. This global empire has now embraced the world of online shopping, with many of their customers choosing to buy online, rather than in store.
When it comes to the energy drink, Red Bull is the biggest selling brand in the world. Their online sales also prove to be just as popular with the ability to buy lots of Red Bull merchandise.
How to Market your Business Online
Advertising is often an afterthought for many small business owners. Between managing employees and keeping clients happy, a small business owner usually lacks time to create and implement a marketing promotion strategy that initiates brand engagement, boost sales and generate leads. Since we live in a digital era, it is appropriate to focus on the most effective online marketing methods that can promote and market your small business efficiently.
Create an Email Marketing List
Creating an email marketing list may sound somewhat far-fetched, but it is not. When you think about all of the emails you get from brands and companies, you will want to understand how they acquired that information from you. Most likely, you voluntarily filled your details in a form on a website where they made you sign up or from an online advert.
Using emails for marketing is one of the fastest and most effective ways to promote a business; technically, you are delivering messages straight to your client’s inboxes, which means you are reaching them via their mobile devices. This is a completely free strategy that can cause significant results if your emails are appealing and your call to action is solid.
Enhance User Experience
It does not matter what you are selling; if your website is not easy to navigate, you could easily lose the interest of potential customers. Examine your website from your audience’s point of view to determine whether the site makes it easy to find your services or products. Is it easy to make inquiries and actually purchase a particular item? Put yourself in their position and find a way to make your website appeal to its users.
While on the subject of your website, make sure it does not look too outdated. User experience is of utmost priority, with design coming in second. Your website should feature a progressive, clean look with full imagery. This will make your company appear like the leader in your industry, even if you are new.
Use Social Media to Communicate
Social media is an efficient technique to increase sales. You should not use social networks solely to show your products to your fans; utilise it to also engage and communicate with them. Ask them questions about your products and use the answers to improve and develop them.
Make Full Use of Search Engine Optimisation
There are a lot of things that you need to look into when developing your marketing strategy. However, the one thing you should never miss is out on is search engine optimisation (SEO). As Google goes on making its algorithm changes, it is of great necessity that you observe those new developments and optimise your website accordingly to maintain high rankings.
Write Amazing Content
Google ranks algorithm for SEO on the basis of content. The big search engine needs to see that your website keeps on publishing information and meaningful, educative content. While everyone else is focusing their energy on adding more information on their sites, you need to concentrate on making sure that your content is not just good, but amazing.
Make Your Followers Feel Appreciated
Nothing demoralises a consumer than feeling like they don’t matter to the brand they prefer, especially if they consider themselves loyal to it. If you want to keep most clients happy, engage with them, and reward them with promotions, sweepstakes and giveaways. This is a demonstration that you care and that you are not just focused on making sales even if you are.
Make Use of Paid Search
Paid search is also known as PPC. It can be an intimidating strategy for a lot of business owners because there are numerous things to learn about and understand. From CTRs and CPCs to conversion rates and quality score, this can be very confusing. But if you decide to work with specialists or hire an agency, it can really work wonders for your business. In fact, SEO takes a long time to get to the top of Google, but with paid search, you can rise to the top within hours.
Have an Editorial Calendar
We talked about how important it is to put out great content, but knowing the exact date when that content will be published is just as important. Having an editorial calendar will ensure that your content is in order while ensuring that you are the main source of information about your small business.
Audit Your Competitors
Check your most successful competitor and carefully look at what they are doing in the entire networking system. Use internet tools to analyse your competition; you should collect as much data as you can and use the information gathered to compare what you have been doing and make sure to do it better than them.
Youtube ranks second in times of search engine size, and this demonstrates how important video is to your business. Using videos, you can educate you customers or potential clients in a better way than using blogs. Video is another tool that Google uses to rank algorithm for SEO. You can use videos for launching new products and walkthroughs, then post them on your website and subsequently, push it across all your social channels.
List Your Business on all Local Directories
Online business directories like Google Plus and Bing will help people in your locality find you faster. Make sure your listings have descriptions, accurate hours and your address. Link that directory to your website and enjoy referral traffic.
Without a working marketing strategy in place, you can have an amazing business that people don’t know about. These are some of the online marketing strategies that many businesses, small and big are utilizing to boost their customer base.