One of the most important tasks facing a new business is securing a solid online brand. Providing a great product or service is useless if people don’t know who you are. Establishing a strong brand early on is a key asset for any business venture.
So, how can you achieve this? Here are ten tips:
1. Research your brand name! It only takes a quick search online to discover existing companies with the same name or potential unfortunate connotations to your chosen name, and it’ll save you money and time to get this done early on.
2. Have a great logo. Your logo is the face of your business, and as such should be the foundation of your branding efforts. A good logo can convey your company values in an instant, so invest in the best. Once you have a logo that works for you, plaster it everywhere, from your brand’s website to its social media pages.
3. Get the right domain name. It’s important that your domain name is the same as your brand, or very close to it, to avoid customer confusion. Consistency is a key building block in establishing a legible online brand.
4. Put effort into maintaining attractive digital spaces. Visitors care about appearance and ease-of-use, so ensure any web pages are pleasant to read and easy to navigate. It only takes around 50 milliseconds for someone to form a first impression online. Attractive, clear pages use this to your advantage.
5. Define a consistent message, whatever the platform. Your brand should be recognisable wherever someone sees it, and the best way to achieve this is to not mix messages.
6. Establish your expertise. If you’re a newcomer, the best way to introduce yourself to new customers without scaring them off is to engage. Contribute to your community and carve out a niche. You’ll build a reputation for being trustworthy if you can focus on being genuinely helpful.
7. Use social media. Social media is one of the most powerful tools available to businesses in the modern area. Set up brand pages on any social media site your target audience is likely to use, and keep them active. Use fun and unique hashtags to quickly and easily build brand recognition.
8. Maintain a blog. Blogging is a unique way to build your brand online. The nature of blog posts allows you to demonstrate your expertise while keeping precisely to your brand’s key messages.
9. Use reviews to your advantage. Publish them on your website, promote them on social media, quote them at every opportunity. You’ll stand out from your competitors if you build a reputation for being a customer-focused, communicative company, and the more people engage online, the more you build buzz.
10. Create a newsletter. A monthly newsletter is a simple way to build a network. Provide your subscribers with content they enjoy, and they’ll share that content with their friends. The more your content is shared, the more your brand grows.